Followers

Saturday 14 February 2015

Canvas Hearts

Morning all.

I have something different to share with you today. 
This is definitely out of my comfort zone but
I can honesty say I had a total ball doing these and I came away with all my fingers intact. (if you know me well you will totally understand that that was a miracle). 

I have never used a sewing machine before and so it was defiantly a challenge but the lovely Dyan Reaveley was terribly patience and showed me how.

This is what I created.


How awesome are these?
 I am totally in love with them. I had seen photos of them before from Dyan's American classes but never thought I would be able to do them. 

This is them in progress. 


I also just have to show you my fabaroonie new lunchbox that my Bestie Gemma bought for me for Xmas. 
I usually turn up in class with one of my son's lunchboxes. But no more as I have my awesome Alice in Wonderland lunch tin. 


Here are each individual heart with its reverse. 














I added some Star Dust Stickles here and there on each after I got home.

I will be teaching my first class at Art From The Heart next Saturday so if you would like to book on, please follow this link here.

Here is some idea of the things we will be doing. 




Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment I would love to know what you think to my first sewing attempt.  


2 comments:

  1. Love what you made Excellent job! I soooo wish I could be at Art From The Heart!...I live in Prescott. Az and have been lucky enough to take a couple of classes from Dyan. She is amazing. Thought I would tell you that I LOVE RED and POLKA DOTS....my kitchen & happy crafty room has red in it. Your blog is adorable. Glad I found it from AFTH FB page. Hope you had a nice Valentines Day.
    I would like to know more about how to make these little sewn hearts with the Dylusions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. As you can tell I too totally love red and polka dots, lol.
    I cant give further details of the class (ie how to make them) as it is still a class that Dyan teaches. Perhaps put in a request at your local craft shop to see if they can ask her to do it ;-) you wont regret it as its a totally awesome class.

    ReplyDelete