Followers

Monday 18 February 2013

Out of your comfort zone

Morning all and welcome to another Crafty Boots Challenge. This fortnight it is set by Tracie and for this you need to step outside your comfort zone. So it could be anything as long as it is not some thing you do alot of. 
For me I've put away my journal and all things paper and gone for metal and shrink plastic.OK i know alot of people love shrink plastic but to be honest i hate it! Love how it looks and what it can do, just that i cant do it, well not very well anyway. Here is my attempt and to be honest i am fairly pleased. 


Here i have shrunk Curious Corrin from my Dylusions set of the same name. Her legs are a bit wonky because they stuck together, lol. See i told you i wasn't any good with it. 


I found a gem, a key and a cross in my stash. The wing and the mushroom are both from the Doolally Dorris Dylusions set and done again on shrink plastic.


Just to show you how much it has shrunk here is the original stamp next to the shrink plastic version. 




Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day. 

5 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, I really love it. I never use shrink plastic but now you have me wanting to have a go.

    Dionne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - very different materials even if you did have to get Dylusions into it, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love it! I've not had a go at Shrink plastic yet. It looks fab. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your choice for this challenge! I love shrink plastic but I always am prepared to make 3 versions as the first two never work properly! It's a great idea to see the original stamp next to its shrunken version - really shows how the stuff works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sand, this is a fantabulous idea! It's brilliant. I bet it looks great on your keys! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete