Followers

Saturday 5 January 2013

New Year, New Challenge

Happy New Year everyone. I hope that your Christmas break was a good one for all concerned?
I have decided to have a go at Kate Crane's Art Journal Calendar this year. I have seen a lot of my crafty pals doing it but never got going with it, so i thought, new year, new challenge. 
Here is my January Calendar piece.

I have used a new Dylusions journal for this. The base is Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions spray.


The writing is free hand, my latest achievement, so pleased i have finally got the hang of it. 


The numbers are from a stamp set from what was formerly Dimensions Fourth. 


Each square is 1.5". I spritzed water through my Dtlusions Starry Starry Night stencil and once dry i went over the snowflakes with a sakura gelly roll pen, just to highlight them.


This lady is Curious Corrin from the Dylusions stamp set of the same name. She is coloured with black marble Dylusions ink. The black and white idea came from Dyan, as during one of her journal classes she was colouring her tags with black and white images. 



I have to say i have had so much fun with this, lets hope i remember to do every month!

Thank you for looking and take care. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is brilliant - I love your lettering, wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete